Thursday, July 30, 2015

Shimmering Beauty

Thursday, July 30, 2015


I know I have written about it on many occasions here in my blog but it's difficult to resist continuing to express my joy and awe at how vivid and crisp the world appears to me. Having clear vision is a truly wonderful gift. So many people do not enjoy the gift of clear vision.

My AmeriCorps pre-service orientation training ends tomorrow morning. The training will be concluded by a ceremony in which new members take an oath of service. My first day on-site with my host organization will be next Wednesday.

While enjoying the beauty of the clear sky and low humidity earlier today I noticed myself thinking about what it must have been like when Lewis and Clark reached the Pacific Ocean. Did the anticipation of the beauty and breadth of seeing this largest of the world's oceans drive them on day after day? Beauty can motivate us to do many things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!