Thursday, April 16, 2015

That Illustrious Safety Net

Thursday, April 16, 2015


Today is a good day to practice the skill of focusing on what is positive and good in my life.  If I were to use my gallows humor I could admire the pit it seems I will never escape: "My my I do really love the walls of this inescapable hole!"

I am feeling a bit frustrated today because my best efforts are not producing the results I want and need. My unemployment benefits have expired.  There is nothing more available to me through September.  My food support has also run out.  And I am not eligible for any additional support from Hennepin County.  My safety net is disintegrating underneath me.

I could sit and imagine the walls closing in on me but this will not prove helpful in any way.  I have to keep showing up for my life and continue to live according to my values.  It's important for me to keep in mind that just because living in accordance with my values is not producing the results I want does not mean my values are themselves invalid.  And yet this experience is not at all easy.

I am going away for the weekend.  I feel fortunate to be participating in the New Warrior Training Adventure.  I hope I'll find some renewed momentum after this weekend.

My computer is also beginning to break down on me.  I am not sure if I can really rely on it now.  This is another reason I could use to hide and give up.  I feel fortunate this is happening in April.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!