Thursday, April 30, 2015

Making Time For Love

Thursday, April 30, 2015


Another month is about to pass away into the past.  It's strange to me how the quality of time's passage can engender such a variety of feelings within me.  The time of year, the particular details of the day and the weather can all impact my perception of how time is passing.

I feel an urgency to make time for love.  I feel an urgency to make time for loving relationships as well as work I enjoy doing.  Life is too short to waste our energy and hearts on relationships and work that do not light up our hearts.  I was reminded of this today when I met with a woman who will soon be a faculty member of the University of Hawaii.  We spoke of some projects that especially excited me.  I could feel my blood quicken a bit as we spoke.

I want to make time for these things:

  • Looking up into the vivid blue sky on a warm spring day and feeling the wind on my face.
  • Listening to the sound of a water fountain
  • Walking through green grass with no shoes on
  • A man I can love and build a life with
  • Relationships with open hearted men and women
  • Visting beautiful places throughout the world
  • Watching the moon rise
  • Watching the sun set
  • Sitting in a coffee shop and laughing in the company of a good friend

I am grateful for all the good things in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!