Sunday, April 26, 2015

Once The Foundation Is Done

Sunday, April 26, 2015


I think it safe to say that Spring is officially sprung.  It's a beautiful, sunny Sunday in late April.  And I am realizing that my foundation is essentially complete now.

You cannot build a house and expect it to last unless you first create a strong foundation for that house. In a similar way you cannot create a functional, resilient and rewarding life without first having a solid foundation.  You must have a collection of healthy practices in place that serve as the necessary foundation for a good life.  Building a foundation can require an immense amount of patience.  And yet it is the most vital element of a good home, life or career.

Throughout these last twenty-two months I have been diligently working to identify, acknowledge and uproot the vestiges of the impact of the trauma that caused me so much pain early in my life.  In other words, I was strengthening the foundation of my own life by attending to the weaknesses in my foundation.  It has often been a painstaking process.  But now I am finally essentially done with this part of my new journey.  Now I can start building my new 'house'.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!