Monday, April 13, 2015

Contemplating Men and Green Buds

Monday, April 13, 2015


While waiting for the bus in downtown Minneapolis this afternoon I took a few minutes to appreciate the coming of spring.  I found myself noticing the green buds that are now emergent on many trees and bushes.  When you gaze at deep stretches of trees in the far distance you can now discern a certain green fuzziness.  Even though the millions of buds all over the Twin Cities are still quite small they are nonetheless already large enough to cause the eye to notice a certain something.  The blossoming of new life does something quite profound for my eyes.  It excites me.

I also feel excited that I will be attending the New Warrior Training Adventure this coming weekend.  It will actually give me cause to go on a road trip!  It has been a while since I have gone on one.  I am excited by the possibility of meeting other men who are committed to their own ongoing personal growth.  It seems it is necessary for me to be more intentionally active regarding my goal of cultivating relationships with other healthy and health-minded men.  Some days I would prefer to be lazy and not bother.  But laziness rarely helps you to achieve significant goals.

I felt a wave of sadness and frustration as evening began.  I know some of it is simply my frustration with the process of working diligently on my career.  The soft blueness of the pre-dusk sky offers a soothing antidote to my feelings of dejection and weariness.

Tomorrow is another day.  Each morning when we awaken to the dawning of a new day we get another chance to make our lives what we want them to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!