Monday, May 16, 2016

You Are Not Alone; You Have Friends

Monday, May 16, 2016


Something profoundly shifted within me in the last week. I felt as if this huge door swung closed inside me. It seems like it’s the door on my past. Having my sadness witnessed by other men of the local ManKind Project community was very freeing…and liberating. Having men present to me in this way counteracted a very deeply ingrained negative belief I had developed in my childhood. That belief was “I am alone” in my suffering.

I now feel a growing urgency to move on with my life. With my early life history no longer burdening me as it once did I can look to the future with a renewed sense of hope and faith in the reality of immense possibilities.


Nearly three years have passed since I first experienced the wondrous power of EMDR therapy. I continue to relish the gift of my eyesight each and every day. I never would have expected that such a sense of wonder would characterize my life at this stage of my life. As I have noted in past sessions with my therapist it seems I am now experiencing the joy and wonder children whose lives are relatively carefree experience when they are children. It seems not at all unusual to therefore sometimes feel as if my life today is very backwards and upside down. The evolution of my personal development did not unfold in the way it does for many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!