Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Transcending Limited Ideas

Wednesday, May 18, 2016


Though I continue to see my therapist these days I find myself feeling more and more worn out from the journey of discussing, exploring, plumbing and healing from the sadness and grief I carried around for so long. In essence I feel I am discovering a certain important reality that many ultimately will discover on their own when they do their own personal healing. That reality is that it eventually becomes incredibly boring to talk about how we have been victimized. Eventually an obsessive lingering in the darkness of our own personal wounds begins to feel profoundly suffocating. Eventually we simply must seek the light in our lives and dwell there because the darkness is so trite, barren and uninteresting.

Indeed, how often can we go on and on about our wounds? How many times can we relive the incidents that we found so devastating? Such an obsessive fixation on the darkness becomes something akin to a dog who keeps chewing on the same bone over and over and over again in the hope of finding some small morsel that makes all his effort worthwhile. Once the morsels have all been chewed and digested it's time to move on to something else.

I feel relieved to be moving on in my own way. It is time for me to move on. I feel big changes will be occurring in my life very soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!