Sunday, August 14, 2016

A Fear To Overcome

Sunday, August 14, 2016


As the remaining days of August pass I find myself eager to have clarity regarding where I will be moving on to next. Today I found myself aware of a fear that I have previously spoken about with my therapist.

There was a time many years ago when my mother worked in an American city with essentially no family (of origin) to support her in her life. She worked as a nurse in El Paso, Texas for a period of time. What prompted her to choose that particular city as a place to work is something that remains a mystery to me to this day. Perhaps I can eventually learn more of the backstory from my uncle Bernhard.

It pains me to even imagine what life must have been like for my mother during the time she worked in El Paso. To move to a completely unfamiliar city for the sake of work is not something to be taken lightly. Yes, many people actually do this at some point in their lives but the fact that it's not an unpopular choice doesn't mean it's an easy choice to make or an easy choice to live with.

As I plan to take a huge step forward and get back into my own professional field of expertise I pray that I will choose wisely. Wherever I go next I plan to create a support system for myself so I can enjoy my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!