Saturday, December 19, 2015

Americana

Saturday, December 19, 2015


So I finally decided what I am going to do in the future in regards to my blog. In 2016 my goal will be to write once a week. Given the deep work I did the last 2 1/2 years I do not anticipate I will write extensively about my own personal journey in 2016.  I am largely complete with the psychotherapeutic odyssey I have undergone these last thirty months.

The holidays are often not an easy time of year for me. This year seems similar in that regard. And yet I feel much better than I did a year ago. I am still swimming through my grief. But at least I am able to swim through it. And I am fortunate to have friends and a therapist to accompany me on my journey.

American culture at large continues to dismay me these days. I feel deep concern regarding the political discourse related to the 2016 presidential election. Bullying and machismo seem to be as firmly rooted in the American psyche as they ever have been. We continue to witness gun violence at an appalling rate in this country. And we continue to collectively fail to do anything substantive about this scourge that, in my opinion, makes us a pariah state in the international community.

I am not proud to be an American citizen these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!