Sunday, February 21, 2016

Being Willing to Learn

Sunday, February 21, 2016


I would not be where I am today had I not been willing to learn throughout my life.

In June, 2013, when my life felt as if it was in free-fall, I opened myself to the possibility of doing still more personal growth work. But I certainly was not enthusiastic about it at the time. I felt I had already done enough work on myself. Why did I need to do more? Hadn't I already done enough self-inquiry to heal from the deep wounding I experienced as a child? It soon became clear there was a whole new level of functionality I could attain through application of the proper treatment.

Thirty-two months have passed since that eventful June. I now feel very grateful that I took the plunge and allowed myself to learn still more. A piece in the New York Times Sunday Review from July, 2015 speaks to the significant value of research. I invite you to read it and then consider how open you are to learning new things. Are you willing to change your life in the short-term so you can enjoy a higher quality of life in the long term? Are you willing to truly listen to observations and recommendations you might initially find unpalatable?

Being willing to cultivate an attitude of curiosity about the world around us is, in my opinion, vital to our well-being. What would you be willing to do today to foster such an attitude?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite you to accompany me as I document my own journey of healing. My blog is designed to offer inspiration and solace to others. If you find it of value I welcome you to share it with others. Aloha!